Adam Kay’s This Is Going to Hurt arrives at the Palace Theatre for Covid-safe performances
Award-winning comedian and former junior doctor Adam Kay invites a socially distanced squirm and laugh as they hear his eye-opening and often hilarious stories about life on the NHS front lines. This is Going to Hurt opens for a limited season at the Palace Theatre in December. Book your tickets using the search form to the right of this page.
Adam Kay’s follow-up show Twas the Nightshift Before Christmas will also play at the Palace Theatre during the festive season
Adapted from Kay’s Sunday Times best-selling novel of the same name, This is Going to Hurt offers a unique insight into the life of a young medical professional. This show mixes gory hospital stories, witty songs, and first-hand observations into a highly entertaining and informative piece of performance comedy.
This socially distanced run at the Palace follows several years of success for This is Going to Hurt, having sold out at the Edinburgh Fringe for three years running, then moving to the Soho Theatre in 2017, followed by a UK tour that featured performances at the Garrick and Vaudeville Theatres in London’s West End.
Cast & Creative
Adam Kay is an award-winning comedian and writer who held a former career as a junior doctor. While studying, Kay founded the musical parody band ‘Amateur Transplants’, who are most famous for ‘London Underground’, a parody of ‘Going Underground’ by The Jam. Kay has written for television shows including Mrs Brown’s Boys, Very British Problems and Mitchell and Webb.
To assist with track and trace the venue are introducing an airline-style check-in.
- 48 hours before your performance you will receive a pre-visit email with a check-in link from Nimax Theatres
- You will be required to confirm that members of your party do not have Covid-19 symptoms – if you cannot confirm this you will be given details on how to exchange (this must be completed no later than 10am on the morning of your performance).
- Email address – this will be used to communicate pre-show procedures to you, assist with track and trace and provide e-tickets on completion of check-in.
- The venue will only accept E-ticket for admittance
- Nimax Theatres will provide you with a contactless e-tickets upon completion of “check-in”.
Note that while London remains under Covid High-Level restrictions, by continuing with your booking you agree that the seats you are purchasing will enable only members of your household or support bubble to sit together.
The performance is approximately an hour and ten minutes, with no interval.
Suitable for Children?
This is Going to Hurt is recommended for ages 12+.
Use the search form at the top of the page to access tickets.
Have you seen This is Going to Hurt? If so then share your thoughts in the comments below!